Smooth, even concrete pathways are not only essential for your home’s safety and appearance—they’re an essential safety feature. Cracks and sinking in your concrete sidewalks can bring about multiple dangers.
These disruptions can arise from several reasons, including unpredictable weather and poor installation. A faulty sidewalk detracts from your home’s visual appeal and can be dangerous for those walking on it.
Mount Valley Foundation Services understands the unpleasant appearance and significant safety risks of cracked concrete sidewalks. That’s why we employ our innovative SettleStop™ PolyRenewal™ concrete lifting technology to remedy cracked and sunken sections of concrete sidewalks, ensuring a safe and aesthetically pleasing walkway for your home.
By exploring this page, you’ll grasp the reasons behind sidewalk cracks and the importance of promptly solving this issue with our expert concrete lifting methods.
What Is a Cracked Sidewalk?
A cracked sidewalk exhibits evident breaks or separations in the concrete pathway, often found near homes or business places.
These gaps can differ in size and depth, affecting the pathway’s durability. They aren’t just minor imperfections. Broken sidewalks look bad, hint at deeper issues, and can cause accidents.
Damaged sidewalks can also lead to:
If you ignore these cracks, they might grow and spread, causing more severe structural issues. These cracks can deepen and widen as the concrete slabs continuously settle. This makes your pathway uneven and hazardous, diminishing your property’s visual appeal.
It’s crucial to reach out to professionals like Mount Valley Foundation Services to ensure your property’s safety.
What Causes Sidewalk Cracks?
Several factors contribute to sidewalk cracks:
- Underlying Soil: The soil beneath the concrete settling or eroding can create cracks. This soil supports the concrete. When it shifts or washes away, the sidewalk becomes unstable.
- Aggressive Tree Roots: These can push up the concrete. As they grow and move the soil, they exert force on the pathway, leading to cracks and rising.
- Weather Conditions: Harsh weather can erode the supporting soil. When water gets into tiny gaps, it can freeze, expand, and then melt, causing even more damage.
- Improper Installation: Not letting the concrete set properly or having a weak base can lead to cracks.
These elements don’t just damage sidewalks; they can also affect your home’s foundation. Recognizing the root cause is vital to provide a lasting fix and prevent more issues.
Can You Fix a Cracked Sidewalk?
Yes, broken sidewalks can be repaired. But it’s essential to use a comprehensive solution.
DIY fixes might not be enough. Simply filling in cracks doesn’t solve the deeper issues.
For trustworthy, lasting sidewalk repair, reach out to the concrete repair specialists at Mount Valley Foundation Services.
Our methods tackle the core problems to prevent them from happening again. Our concrete lifting method can raise, stabilize, and renew damaged concrete sidewalk slabs.
How to Fix a Cracked Sidewalk
Mount Valley Foundation Services employs an advanced technique to mend broken and unlevel sidewalks. Here’s how we do it:
- Thoroughly inspect the cracks to pinpoint the causes.
- Drill tiny holes into the affected areas.
- Put injection ports into these holes.
- Mix our specialized two-part foam.
- Inject this foam under the damaged slabs through the ports.
- The foam quickly expands, fills gaps, and sets in 15 minutes.
- The pathway slab is raised, and the soil below is solidified.
- Remove the ports and seal the drilled spots.
- Seal all the cracks to prevent water damage in the future.
- Regularly check and maintain the sidewalk for lasting durability.
Our unique foam is tailored to your needs, making it a superior repair method. It’s more effective than common mudjacking, less disruptive than replacing the entire slab, and it stays put.
Why Address Sidewalk Cracks Now
Fixing broken sidewalks now offers several benefits:
- Prevent Accidents: Raised areas can cause trips and falls.
- Avoid Legal Issues: Unsafe sidewalks can lead to legal problems.
- Save Money in the Long Run: Waiting can lead to more expensive fixes later, like replacing the entire sidewalk.
- Keep Your Property’s Value High: Buyers prefer homes with smooth, safe pathways.
To properly address these issues, choose Mount Valley Foundation Services. Our advanced methods offer unmatched benefits.
Contact Mount Valley Foundation Services for Trusted Concrete Lifting Solutions
Don’t ignore damaged pathways. Eliminate the dangers and unsightliness with Mount Valley Foundation Services. Our cutting-edge techniques ensure long-lasting, beautiful sidewalks.
For years, our skilled team has helped homeowners across South Carolina and Western North Carolina. As the area’s trusted concrete lifting provider, we’re known for great customer service and innovative fixes. Contact us now for a free, no-commitment inspection. Let’s make your property safe and stunning!
Frequently Asked Questions
Without a doubt. While they might initially seem insignificant, even minor cracks can escalate into major problems if left untreated. Over time, these cracks can widen and spread, leading to a destabilization of the entire slab. It’s best to consult with expert services, like Mount Valley Foundation Services, to ensure that these small issues don’t transform into costly repairs.
Yes, we take pride in our commitment to the environment. Our concrete lifting foam is specifically designed to be environmentally friendly. It poses no harm to the surrounding environment, ensuring that there are no detrimental effects on soil and water. Moreover, its resilient nature ensures that it won’t get washed away by rain or water flow, nor will it seep into the ground, making it a sustainable choice for concrete repairs.
Repairing a damaged sidewalk can vary in cost, largely depending on the severity of the damage, the total area that needs repair, and the specific solutions chosen for the project. At Mount Valley Foundation Services, we believe in transparency and ensuring our customers get value for their money. Therefore, we offer complimentary evaluations, provide clear and upfront pricing, and also have flexible payment plans to accommodate different budgetary needs. We encourage property owners to get in touch with us to get a detailed estimate tailored to their specific requirements.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
53 N Market St, Suite 5
Asheville, NC 28801
630 Ellis Street, Suite 2-B
Augusta, GA 30901
1850 Ashley River Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
2110 Commerce Drive
Cayce, SC 29033
1704 N. Oak Street, Suite 3
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577