Foundation Wall Crack
Cracks in foundation walls can be unsettling, hinting at deeper structural concerns. At Mount Valley Foundation Services, we’re proud to stand as South Carolina and Western North Carolina’s go-to experts for foundation repairs.
What Are Foundation Wall Cracks?
Foundation wall cracks manifest as breaks or splits in the walls that make up your home’s foundation. These might appear as thin, barely noticeable lines or more pronounced gaps. Recognizing such cracks can be an early warning signal of more profound foundation issues.
Taking early action by mending these cracks can thwart further deterioration and save homeowners from costlier repairs down the line.
What Causes Cracks in Foundation Walls?
The following factors can lead to the formation of cracks in foundation walls:
- Settlement – The ground beneath your home is dynamic. Movement or settling of soil can lead to uneven weight distribution, causing foundation walls to form cracks.
- Expansive Soils – Soil types rich in clay can swell or shrink due to moisture levels, exerting varying pressures on your foundation walls, inducing cracks.
- Hydrostatic Pressure – Accumulated groundwater can exert outward pressure on foundation walls, leading them to crack or even bulge inward.
Is Repairing Foundation Wall Cracks Possible?
Absolutely! We have a range of effective solutions tailored to the specific needs of your home:
- Foundation Piers – By anchoring the foundation to stable soils, these piers correct and support foundations that have undergone settling.
- Wall Anchors – These are robust steel fixtures that mitigate the pressures causing the foundation to crack, providing the necessary counter-support.
- Carbon Fiber Reinforcement – Using these straps, we fortify walls, ensuring cracks don’t worsen or spread.
- IntelliBrace™ Wall Repair System – This involves an internal network of steel beams which bolster wall strength without the need for external excavation.
Steps to Restore Your Foundation Walls
At Mount Valley Foundation Servies, we utilize tried and true methods for taking care of your foundation. From inspection to installation, we’ll guide you through the process offering information to help you plan along the way.
1. Expert Assessment
To begin, we’ll send out a qualified foundation repair professional to evaluate the nature and severity of the cracks, providing a targeted repair plan. This repair plan will include a no-obligation comprehensive quote, as well as a time estimate for the repairs. Keep in mind this time estimate may require some flexibility depending on the weather and what we find once we begin.
2. Implementing the Repair
We’ll choose the most suitable techniques based on this initial inspection. We offer a few main solutions for foundation wall cracks, including wall anchors, foundation piers, carbon fiber wall straps, and other effective measures.
3. Wall Waterproofing
After structural reinforcement, we have learned that it’s vital to shield walls from moisture. Our trusted solutions ensure no water infiltration occurs. Some of our waterproofing measures may include the installation of sump pumps, dehumidifiers, French drain installation, or wall treatments.
4. Periodic Checks and Upkeep
Routine check-ups help maintain your foundation’s health. It’s essential to monitor for fresh cracks and ensure optimal drainage systems are in place.
The Urgency of Addressing Foundation Wall Cracks
Acting promptly when you spot foundation cracks is crucial for several reasons:
- Delay can lead to more complicated, costly repairs.
- Cracks allow moisture in, which might result in mold and air quality issues.
- As foundations settle unevenly, it may become challenging to operate doors and windows smoothly.
- Ignoring large cracks can severely jeopardize your home’s structural soundness.
Don’t delay! Reach out to Mount Valley Foundation Services. We strengthen foundations, offering free, no-commitment evaluations and repair estimates.
Why Choose Mount Valley for Your Foundation Repairs?
As the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina, Mount Valley Foundation Services has been earned the trust of homeowners across South Carolina and Western North Carolina. Our skilled team, equipped with state-of-the-art tech and methodologies, offers sustainable solutions for foundation issues.
Contact us today for a free inspection and repair estimate. Secure your home and find peace of mind with Mount Valley’s expertise in foundation repair.
The cost of foundation repair can vary significantly based on a wide range of factors including the severity of the damage, the solutions implemented, and the geographical location of your property. At Mount Valley Foundation Services, we provide a no-obligation comprehensive quote following an expert assessment to give you a clear understanding of the costs involved. We encourage you to reach out to us for a free inspection and repair estimate to understand the potential costs for your specific situation.
The duration of foundation repairs can depend on various factors such as the extent of the damage, the repair methods being used, and the curing time for materials applied during the repairs. After our expert assessment, we will provide you with a time estimate for the repairs to give you a general idea.
While foundation piers are designed to provide long-lasting stability, it is advisable to carry out periodic inspections to ensure they continue to perform optimally. Regular maintenance checks can help in identifying any potential issues early on and addressing them promptly to maintain the health of your foundation. At Mount Valley Foundation Services, we recommend routine check-ups to help maintain your foundation’s health and ensure optimal performance of all repair installations including foundation piers.
Do you have to bail water out of your basement when it storms? Your foundation may have cracked. Waterproof your foundation to keep your home dry.
When a professional foundation and basement repair contractor conducts a basement inspection in your home, they’ll be using their experience to help you protect your financial investment as well as your family’s health. Even so, what do these inspections involve? Starting with The Joints If your home is suffering from damage or a leak, your […]
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
53 N Market St, Suite 5
Asheville, NC 28801
630 Ellis Street, Suite 2-B
Augusta, GA 30901
1850 Ashley River Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
2110 Commerce Drive
Cayce, SC 29033
1704 N. Oak Street, Suite 3
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577